- The students will be introduced to the concepts of force and direction
of motion through directed experiments in science class and in discussions with the science teacher.
- We will make a list of questions that the students have about how things
move as part of our learning time.
- We will pick two questions to explore as a class science project.
- We will make some hypotheses.
- We will spend our class time thinking of what we need to do to test
out our experiment.
- We will plan to go to The Franklin Institute to test out some of our
- We will record in science journals what has happened and what we learned.
- We will write up our experiment on a science board and display it in
Description of the Program
Go back to the Harcourt Teacher Leadership Center main page.
How It Meets School District Goals
Worksheet for Lessons
Examples of Kids' Experiments
Return to home page
Generous founding support for the Harcourt
Teacher Leadership Center and the Harcourt Learning Labs was provided by
the Harcourt General Charitable Foundation on behalf of Harcourt, Inc.