Lessons Caught in the Net
These lesson have come up as we've trawled the web.
Feel free to add something of your own to our catch!
- Shark Surprise! Language Arts; Grades K-2
- Children will practice their observational skills and reinforce their familiarity with different types of fish while creating their own card game.
- Under the SeaLanguage Arts; Grades K-2
- Children will create an undersea environment in their classroom while researching interesting facts about their favorite sea creatures.
- Monster Waves- Math/Science; Grades 4-6
- In this activity, students will build a tabletop village
and use it to visualize the relative height and affects of gigantic waves called tsunamis.
- Search for the Humpback Whale-Language Arts/Science; Grades 6-8
- Studying humpback whales provides an opportunity to learn about many areas of science. Students can explore whale adaptations, behavior, migration, habitat, communication, and interactions with humans.
- Let's Make Waves - Science; Grades 6-8
- In this simple set of activities children use wind to create waves and use marbles to model energy moving through water.
- The Water Cycle- Complete explanation of the Water Cycle, terms and cloud formation.
- The Ocean Planet Educational Materials - A large number of educational materials you can retrieve for use in your classroom.
- Education World - Lesson Planning:Celebrate the Year of the Ocean
- Marine Education Books for Children