SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Please read, print, sign, and submit this page with your application.
Application must be received by 5:00PM on May 10, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS!
CLICK HERE for printer-friendly version.
You should take the following steps in completing the application process:
- Read the Award Description page.
- Evaluate your child's strengths in each award area to decide which award best suits your situation.
- Choose which type of application you would like to complete. You may only submit one type of application for each child. Applicants submitting more than one application will not be considered for any of the awards. If you are submitting applications for more than one child, please fill out a complete application packet for each child.
- Print the entire application. Please be sure to read the directions for each section carefully.
- Review the checklist on your selected application to ensure that you have completed all necessary information and included all required documents with your application.
- Required documents may include:
-- Essays or drawings completed and signed by your child.
-- Photocopies of required school records.
-- Photocopies of financial documents. Make sure these are clearly labeled so that each document correlates with a line item on your application.
-- Two (2) Adult Evaluation Forms completed by adults with whom your child has had interaction while participating in some type of structured activity. Please do not use family members. Adults must place this form in a sealed envelope, sign it across the sealed flap, and return it to the applicant.
Please note that we will not return any documents submitted.
- Read, print, sign, and submit this page with your application. CLICK HERE for a printer-friendly version.
- You may want to make a copy of your application for your records.
- Submit all of the information requested in enough time to be received by May 10, 2013.
Other Important Information:
- The application deadline is a firm May 10, 2013 at 5:00PM.
- YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION PER CHILD. Applicants who submit multiple applications will not be considered for any of the awards.
- You may deliver your application packet to the Business Entrance on 20th Street, where there will be a drop box for them at the guard's desk between May 3 and May 10 ONLY. Make sure that all parts are in one envelope and labeled "Discovery Camp: Scholarships."
- All applicants will be informed of the decision of the selection committee by May 31, 2013. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- Scholarships may not be applied to Discovery Camp at Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- If you do not receive a scholarship, or if you receive a scholarship and would like to attend Discovery Camp for additional sessions, you will be required to fill out a registration form including payment information.
- No applicant may win a scholarship award two years in a row. If your child was granted an award last year, you must wait until 2014 to apply again.
I have read and fully understand the steps necessary for submission of applications to the Discovery Camp scholarship program. I am aware that I may only submit one application per child and that no late or incomplete applications will be considered. I understand that if a child was awarded a scholarship in 2012, they will not be considered for a scholarship in 2013. I understand that all decisions are final.
Parent Signature:_________________________________ Date: _____________